Education and Children's Services
U.S. House of Representatives
All data are for the year 2012 except the health care data which is from 2011 and the Kids Count Overall Rank, which is from 2013.
- There are 426,653 children under 18 in Idaho.
- Children Living in Poverty – 87,000
- Children Living with a Single Mother – 80,000
- Children Receiving Public Only Health Insurance – 120,000
- Children Not Covered by Health Insurance – 42,000
- Child Abuse & Neglect Victims – no data
- Child Abuse & Neglect Deaths – no data
- 3-4 Year Olds Not Enrolled in preschool – 31,287
- % of 4th Graders Scoring below Basic Reading Levels – 32%
- Kids Count Overall Rank - 20
To see our sources, click here.
Step Up for Kids
Interested in hosting a Step Up event in your state? Contact
for more information.