Get Out to Vote!
The elections are the gateway in our democracy for parents and advocates of children to let our elected leaders know we want candidates that demonstrably support and invest in children's programs. Every Child Matters works nationally and in numerous states to educate politicians, reporters, and voters on children's issues. This collective effort will only be effective if everyone concerned about kids shows up and casts a ballot. See our registering and voting resources below.
For information on registering and voting in your state, visit Rock the Vote’s Election Center or call 1-866-OURVOTE (1-866-687-8683).
Not registered? Click the button below, and you can register online now. It’s easy.
Remember to take kids to the polls with you; establish good civic behavior early.
What’s at Stake for Children?
- All children should have the chance to attend high quality early learning and care programs.
- All of our children deserve a world class education—our nation can afford to give it to them; it can’t afford not to.
- Even though we ship tons of food overseas, millions of American children don’t have enough to eat. As a matter of fact, over 15 million live in poverty. It doesn’t have to be this way.
- None of our children should be left alone after school; they should have a safe, supervised place where they can play and learn while parents work.
- None of our children should suffer from violence at home, at school or in our communities. Ever.